Friday, February 10, 2006

Howdy

I see one person has joined. I guess I'll put up some content just to get to get the ball rolling.

I wrote this back in December. Just a little childhood memory.

Strangers, X and Y

Kids we don't know
in the pines
atop the tall bank
next to the road.

Summer kids.
City kids.

We're being stalked by strangers
because my brother said
a swear word to them
as we rode away
from the corner store.

They didn't have faces then
they are more obscure now.

I remember a girl being with them,
pretty.

A charge out of the woods
ferocious pedaling
a hand grabs the seat
of my bike.
We are away.

Terrified, relieved, then jubilant
my brother lets go of the handlebars
turns around and gives them the finger.

He says another swear word.

1 comment:

gg said...

No, no. Laughing is good.