Thursday, February 16, 2006

Argh...criticize away. Even you, Leah!
WARNING: This was writen for Lang. Arts class, and also was written INSIDE the classroom. On demand. I just thought it sounded kinda cool.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ode to Clovers

In spring the small green plants unfold,
filling the air with sweet scents.
They force their way out, wild and bold,
they grow, they grow, they grow,
soaking in kind sunlight,
taking in the water sprinkled onto the soil
for the flowers.
I crouch beside the patch
and pluck a few,
soon to be tied into a necklace.
Now I rifle through them,
searching for that special little
four leafed one.
Round white flowers
sprout up beside the leafy green plants,
and bees swarm to them.
Clover honey will soon be made
while I sit,
inhaling fresh green scents,
in a sea of my favorite color.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Sooooo...I did get two compliments on it. One was the teacher, who I think felt compelled to write "beautiful" on every paper, but the other one was more impressive. A kind of friend of mine, who sits on the other side of the room, so I was almost positive she hadn't even heard it, said that she thought it was really pretty.

To be exact, I have two favorite colors, blue and green. Original, I know. I have to be the only person on this whole planet whose favorite colors are green and blue.

I really do love clover. They might be my favorite scent in the world, and they're so pretty, the flowers and the plants. I also like how wild they are. They don't need to be cared for, they're strong enough to live independently.

I don't think I mentioned enough about the white flowers, and the second sentence goes on maybe a bit too long. Do you guys think it's okay?

2 comments:

gg said...

It is good. I would suggest taking the word "and" out and bring out the "ing."

In spring the small green plants unfold,
filling the air with sweet scents.
They force their way out, wild and bold,
they grow, they grow, they grow,
soaking in kind sunlight,
taking in the water sprinkled onto the soil

The world "and" just gets in the way.

Grace said...

Huh! You're right. I didn't even notice that. I have much yet to learn...