Tuesday, February 28, 2006

0kay, I found this story awhile ago. I think I wrote it when I was about 9 or 10. I just felt I had to share it with you guys. I didn't really edit it because there isn't much I can change without it losing some of what I feel makes it interesting to read.

Not the Brightest Person in the World

Clare

One day, while Rachel was riding her bike, she saw a car behind her, so she went over to the side of the road to let it pass. But the car slowed down, as though it were waiting for her to continue, so she kept riding. The car followed her all the way home.

As the car was leaving, whoever was in the car rolled downt he window and dropped something out. As soon as the car was out of sight, Rachel ran over and picked up the piece of paper that had been dropped.

She unfolded the paper and read the message. It said:

Go to the new bench in Grayson Park.

So Rachel went.

There, on the bench, was another piece of paper. On that piece of paper was a strange picture. It was and eagle on a rock inside a tent. At first Rachel was puzzled by the picture, but then she realized that it probably meant for her to go to Eagle Rock Camp. After all, the first message had told her to go somewhere, so why shouldn't this one?

But since it was late,she decided to wait until the next day.

The next morning she went to Eagle Rock. As soon as she stepped through the gates, she suddenly felt strong arms grab her. She tried to scream but a hand clamped over her mouth. Then everything blacked out.

When Rachel woke up, she couldn't move, and there was a gag over her mouth.

She guessed that the people in the car had lured her here to capture her. But why?

Two men in dark suits and sunglasses came in and turned on the light. As soon as they entered, Rachel went,"Mmm! Mmm!" Then one of the men took off the gag, and she said,"Why am I here?"

The other man laughed and said, "You aren't the brightest person in the world, are you?

"Well, I go to school!" Rachel said angrily.

"I mean you have no common sense. We work for the local nuthouse. We watch everybody, and if they are nutty enough, we leave notes. If they are stupid enough to follow them, we put them in the nuthouse."

"Well, I still don't get it!" replied Rachel. "I'm not a nut!"

"Yes, you are. What about that time you hit a ball over the fence in softball and you ran home -- literally?"

"Well, that was my first year!"

"No, it wasn't. It was your fifth year. We've been watching you."

"Oh well," grumbled Rachel,"I guess I'll go with you. I mean, I won't have to go to school anymore."

So they went. and the men continued their job, while Rachel lived in the nuthouse.

The End

3 comments:

gg said...

That was pretty funny. Does the nut house have a parole board? They could give you a test every year and if you pass they let you out until you do something stupid again.

Clare said...

Hah hah...who knows. I had some pretty weird ideas whenI was a little kid.

Grace said...

WHEEE! This thing is TWISTED and RIDICULOUS. I already told you that though. C'mon, comment people! I know me and Ed aren't the only ones out there...