Thursday, July 27, 2006

I Long for some Pie

My cravings inside
will sure not subside
until you break down
and serve me some pie.

Apple, Blueberry,
Lemon Meringue.
Sweet or chocolatey,
or one with some tang.

I would not even mind
if you haven't a fork,
I would eat with my face,
and looklike a dork.

Now I sit down,
Math homework I eye,
Could I please have
some pie with my pi?
---

(From the 7/28 meeting.)

Yes, two pie poems in one night. What are we, milkandcookies.com? (Okay, inside joke, sorry.)

I love the rythmic nature of the first two lines of the second stanza. Reminds me of how my piano teacher used to teach young students to play triplets with words like "blueberry".

Forgive the horrible math joke at the end. I had to slip one in somewhere, didn't I?

2 comments:

Clare said...

The math pun was AWESOME!

Sorry, I just had to defend the puns. The poem is awesome too but I already told you that.

gg said...

Thanks for posting that. I hope we get to read more from you on this blog since we won't see you in person.