Friday, September 29, 2006

Last night's meeting

The meeting went well. I had to step out for a few minutes to set some chairs up in our meeting room and those in attendance worked on a couple of group poems.

Unititled #1

I read a book I didn't enjoy
so I went to the store and bought a toy
but on my way back I saw a boy...
and jumped for joy
and said, "my, you're a pretty boy, aren't you?"
but he was ugly, so it wasn't true
but, feeling kind, I smiled and said, "You look blue."
A delightful grin crossed his his lips and he spoke,
"Why yes, I believe I am...
and I'm feeling a little green, too."
"You're green because you're hungry," I said,
"would you like some soup?"
"No," he replied with a gleam in his eye,
"I'm hungy for you!"

The smile never fading from my lips, "Well then, here I am for you."

Untitled #2

Straightening pictures, reading stories
writing books, laughing out loud
punching girls, punching boys
I love writers club.

Dancing to tones, singing to songs
goofing off, always off subject
alliteration and digression.

Locking ourselves in cupboards,
cubboards of inspiration
questinable inspiration
but joyful nonetheless.

Ah, the joyful wonders of insanity
because everyone here is insane
(there's no excuse)
except Ed
(although we doubt that at times).

4 comments:

Grace said...

Yup, yup. S'all Eser's fault.

Clare said...

Oh dear. I do believe that first poem scarred me for life.

Oh, and you mispelled "questionable."

Matthew said...

how the heck did that start with "I read a book I didn't enjoy?"

heh. the second poem is completely true. love the parts about the cubboard and insanity.

Grace said...

Ed wrote the first line. He's weird. :p Oh, and you didn't capitalize ALLITERATION AND DIGRESSION! That was very, very intentional.