Saturday, May 27, 2006

The meeting

Well, our last meeting had low attendance. Not a problem, though. We did end up staring at each other a couple of times but our little metaphor/simile game worked out better than the naysayers expected. Matthew came up with a couple of nice ones although he wouldn't admit it. Mine were spectacular and the room hushed in awe.

We will be meeting again in June and I'll be sure to send out an email reminder in the middle of the month.

Here's something I came across that you might be interested in. Science fiction writer James Patrick Kelly is offering free audio versions of a bunch of his writing here. If like literate SF you will like this guy, trust me.

6 comments:

Grace said...

I actually don't much like science fiction, and our speakers are not working. :( But about the June meeting...so longs it's past the ninth, I'll have two and a half new stories to read.

Matthew, I know you're here. Comment!

Matthew said...

I'm here (like usual), I just don't have anything to say (like usual).

I really have no life.

gg said...

Everyone has something to say. Make something up if you draw a blank.

Clare said...

I shall get some earphones and give that a listen. I've read a few of James Patrick's short stories in Asimov's and I have a book of his I''ve been meaning to get around to reading. He's pretty good, far as I can tell.

Clare said...

I meant James Patrick Kelly's, not James Patrick's. We really need a bloody edit option.

gg said...

Let me know what you think. I listened to a little bit of his readings of the short novel "Burn" that I read a few weeks back.