Friday, May 12, 2006

Haiku Contest

Yesterday we had our exciting haiku contest in which I was completely shut out in the voting. It was a conspiracy, I know it.

The Winner

Crisp Twilight sunrise
shards of water-colored mist
rolling up a hill

- Meghan

Runners Up

Doodles on paper
margins filled with my drawings
sketches of day dreams

- Grace

Silver drops fall
tears from the sky above
pure from heaven, rain

- Erica

The Rest

A blackened shadow
he stands, his mind wandering
filled of time and space

- Kelly

Ripping bleeding dead
S&M play gone too far
an accident...right?

- Maggi

Caged, he sits stagnant
forgetting what freedom is
how can he find hope?

- Matthew

The mall's many stores
the parking lot's pile of cars
the ants are marching

- Ed

Care Bears are scary
similar to mimes or clowns
Ahh! Run! Run away!

- Clare

3 comments:

Grace said...

I am actually very proud of that haiku. But I still say, votes or none, Maggi's has the best imagery.

Clare said...

I still think mine is the best. It severely traumatized Meghan! Who else got that sort of reaction?

Grace said...

Maggi....everyone else was severely traumatized by that too, you know.

Comment people!