Monday, May 15, 2006

It 's time to....POST RANDOM POEMS!!! DUN-DUN-DUN-DUUUUN!!
---------------------------------------
Haiku Ode to Meghan and Maggi

Meghan and Maggi
do you really care that much
if Lupin is gay? -----> alternate names: Harry, Wormtail, Charlie, Hagrid, etc......


Random Randomness from the CUPBOARD OF INSPIRATION

Dappled light on my face
springy moss under my head
my feet submerged in crunchy leaves
my elbow on a tree root
a spider on my nose

Random Stuff written directly after the Writer's Meeting

Head rush
bend it down, choke, swallow if you can,
don't let your limbs out of control,
keep running.
Don't let up--you can win
it's inevitable if you try.
Flashing legs, pummeling fists, aching ribs
and an echo of pounding feet in your ears.
It is pain, but it is joy.
It limits, but it is freedom.
Keep it up, only two more in front of you.
Your body is at the maximum,
draining your reserves of energy.
No one wins a marathon,
but you are someone.
You will win.
You will be.
You, the winner, the sprinter, the fastest, fly across the pavement as though your feet had wings.
-------------------------------------
Yeah, yeah, none are that great, but I feel the need to post (cause no one else is) and I happened to have a couple halfway decent poems lying around, so why not?

8 comments:

Clare said...

I like the one about the marathon...it doesn't sound like it was written by you though. It's all...inspirational...and not depressing. Weird.

Grace said...

Why, thank you! But, wait...since when was I one of the depressed ones who wrote about demons sucking people's souls out and whatnot? I'm a flower in the middle of a bunch of weeds, haha!

...not really...

gg said...

I liked the one you wrote in the cupboard. Do you have a cupboard at home you can fit in? You may have found your special place where you can write easily. Keep it coming, it's fun to read.

I told Meghan about the poem that is about her. She came in the library today. She had forgotten the address to the blog and I had to write it down for her. Maybe she will check in.

Matthew said...

I should claim a 10% royalty off of all poetry that comes out of that cabinet...

Grace said...

You should no-! ...okay, maybe. I probably would have thought of going in there eventually though! Anyhow, I'm not getting much royalty off them...

To Ed: Sad to say, we have no human sized cupboards at home. I could use someone's closet, but it wouldn't be the same. Or I could go under the stairs...but I would probably die before I got much of anything written down there. I'll try to keep writing little poems though. I mean, what is math class for?

Oh geez, Meghan, how could you forget an adress that disgustingly simple? You should get on more often, because you have to have a lot of old stuff to post. The rest of us are sucked dry.

gg said...

Amen on writing in class. I think in college I wrote some of my best stuff in Biology 101.

Mitch said...

Yes, I care. It matters deeply. And actually, all the alternate names are gay as well. Just to clarify things.

Grace said...

One word: BAH.