Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Alternate History

I like a good alternate history. I mean, who doesn't? The big ole "what if" of science fiction turned back on our own history. Just imagine how different the world would be if there hadn't been a Morrison Writers Club? It frightens me to even think about it. You can read a nice write up about alternate histories here. I've read "The Man in the High Castle" and "SS-GB" and enjoyed them both. Of course the grand daddy of alternate histories is Harry Turtledove's "Guns of the South." Modern day white supremacists travel back in time and give the South automatic weapons. They win of course. Anyone else read alternate histories?

2 comments:

Grace said...

Um...not exactly. *shudder* Heard of it, though.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.