Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Another Connie Willis interview

I haven't read it yet but I am sure it's worth reading. Going to go read it now...

From the interview...

Connie Willis' favorite SF short fiction:

"The Veldt" by Ray Bradbury
"Homecoming" by Ray Bradbury
"A Sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury
"The Menace from Earth" by Robert A. Heinlein
"One Ordinary Day, with Peanuts" by Shirley Jackson
"Nightfall" by Isaac Asimov
"Bloodchild" by Octavia Butler
"Surface Tension" by James Blish
"Vintage Season" by C.L Moore
"Mimsy Were the Borogoves" by Lewis Padgett
"A Saucer of Loneliness" by Theodore Sturgeon
"Computers Don't Argue" by Gordon Dickson
"We Can Remember It For You Wholesale" by Philip K. Dick

Ed says:
Menace from earth by Heinlein is a good one. Nightfall is a classic and Bloodchild is another great one that I have read. I remember reading A Sound of Thunder and really feeling that the story felt contemporary and real to me.

I see she mentions Zenna Henderson. I am not familiar with that author. Have any of you read or heard of Zenna Henderson?

No comments: