Sunday, October 07, 2007

I am America

As Grace mentioned, her is the cover of the Stephen Colbert book. That is a funny face. I don't know how many of you watch the Colbert Report on Comedy Central but, if you haven't, you are missing some of the best comedy of the last twenty years. I don't know if I've seen any better writing and performing since the Kids in the Hall were in their prime. I read an interview with Colbert and he said when he and Jon Stewart created the character he plays on the show Stewart told him he should play it as a person who is a know it all but an idiot. I think he pulls it off.

2 comments:

Clare said...

I...don't really have words to express the depth of my love for JOn Stewart and Stephen Colbert and their shows.

I've been struggling with myself about whether to buy this book. The frugal part of me says no, that's what libraries are for. The fangirl in me says YES!YES!YES!YES!

Grace said...

Oh, right. At one point in time, I wanted people to get me Colbert Report DVDs for my b-day and Christmas. But now that the comedy central website has decided it likes me, I'd rather get this book, or America the Textbook...Jake and Stehpen, make note of this. (And to anyone else who would like to blow some money on me, I am needing to read the two books authored by Cruise Mac. They're on sale at the Barnes and Noble website...but I can't find them in the stores!)