Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Collabs- not a month late this time!

I once saw and elk tangled up in a barbed wire fence. I had been walking for most of the day and I was so tired I was at first convinced it was a dream. But the blood was too real.
Whenever I smell frost I think of that elk, and the small caverns carved of the hot red drips, corrosive on the snowy ground. I wanted to help the creature but it was thrashing about madly in its desperate attempt to escape. I sighed and took one last glance and walked away. I could smell the snow as I crunched along. Soon I came to a forked path. One was lined with evergreens, only some snow on the ground. The other was worn dead trees and snow falling. It was a beautiful sight, the light of the setting sun peeking through the branches. I picked that path and started walking again.
What was I thinking about?

(Open for submissions of a nice, concise ending. Seriously, get off your butts and give me something good, people.)


Choose Your Own Adventure (ha, Ed, mine is cooler than yours 'cos it has a name!)

Stephen Colbert...was running for president. [scratched out stuff, only "Terrorists could be anyone" legible] Maybe that's the appeal- everyone becomes a potential threat. Every cell phone whipped out could be a detonator, every package a bomb. It makes public transportation nerve-wracking. But it is not enough to shake the magnificent being that is Stephen Colbert.
He would make a perfect president because he has both of his eyes. (Damn you.)
But Jon Stewart was bitter about his colleague's enormous popularity and charisma. He began to plot the young man's (what?! he's 43!) downfall. His downfall...into Jon Stewart's arms.
Because Jon Stewart could crush a small car in his arms. (Awesome.) He figured correctly that if he could get Colbert in a hug he could crush the life out of him in about ten seconds. Colbert knew that. Colbert didn't care.
Fin. <3

The last one was obviously a war between the non-shippers and the fan-girls. We won. And I wasn't the one who drew the heart after the overly-pretentious "fin." (though I did write THAT.) Also, for anyone who wanted to know, I always grab the collabs so I can have the liberty of adding all those comments in parentheses. :D

4 comments:

Matthew said...

You know, we could do a collab online through the comments... hmm...

Anyways, something slightly funny happened at school a few mornings ago:

***CROSSWORD SPOILER ALERT***

Ted: I've got the whole thing done, except there's a mistake here. It's either "hyene" or "ayelet".

Me: Oh. That clue was supposed to be "shoelace holes, to a pirate."

Ted: Riiight.

(Okay, not that funny. Sorry. I'm a horrible person.)

Grace said...

I still don't get it.

gg said...

Thanks for posting those. I, for one, like your parenthetical asides.

Ayelet? That is a great clue.

Grace said...

Whut?