Thursday, October 12, 2006

National Book awards

I didn't even know they had an award for Young People's Literature. They do and here's the list that came out in the last day or so. Have any of you young people read any of these books? I am in the middle of reading "The Looming Tower" which is one of the nominees for nonfiction. It's a book about the rise of al-Qaeda.

M.T. Anderson, The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation, Vol. 1: The
Pox Party (Candlewick Press)
Martine Leavitt, Keturah and Lord Death (Front Street Books/Boyds Mills Press)
Patricia McCormick, Sold (Hyperion Books for Children)
Nancy Werlin, The Rules of Survival (Dial/Penguin)
Gene Luen Yang, American Born Chinese (First Second/Holtzbrinck)

1 comment:

Grace said...

Sadly, I've never heard of any of them. Perhaps I'll read some when I have time... seriously, I actually don't. Goodness.