Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Rough Draft

I had some fun with this. I decided to describe what was on my desk. Don't forget we are meeting this Thursday, by the way.

The gauzy curtain
the neighbor's red truck
the pine tree that leans over his house
our garden, struggling to start
the chain link fence that encloses nothing
a white jeep, a beat up basketball goal
with a new net
I know there is a bird bath and bird feeders
to my right
My desk is a converted table
with Godzilla figurines
fifty year old Japanese dioramas
I bought from the yard sale
the old couple across the street held
an internal hard drive in a plastic case
now it's external
a scanner
my laptop
two speakers that sat in my trunk for a year
and they work!
an external CD/DVD burner I bought because
the one that came with my laptop never worked
a dictionary
bubble envelopes to mail music
a pencil holder
a USB hub
old slides I bought off eBay
Bob Dylan's new CD
a roll of packing tape
old bills and junk mail
a game manual for Civilization IV
a DVD from the library
toenail clippers
a ceramic candle holder
a miniature dachshund eating his breakfast
the clock radio plays the Diane Rehm show
they are discussing taxes
Itunes wants me to to update
I just want to upload this new
Bob Dylan album to my Ipod
The firetruck goes by
flying threw at almost 50
lights bouncing off the homes
siren shredding the morning like paper
soon after crawling through
back to the station the lights on the back
illuminating the road behind

No comments: