Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Hey, hello. I don't think I've let you know Ed, but I do keep up with the blog. Now that I got my account sorted out here (again) and I was looking through a notebook when I was cleaning my backpack(s), I can post what I wrote for the writing exercise. I also have Katie's, (Sorry it took me a long time to post!!)

Our writing exercise required us to incorporate these following words into a piece: elephant, archetype, onomatopoeia, sizzling, dune, silver halides and bloop. Here's mine (and yeah I did clean it up)

As Larry was walking up to his room, he couldn't rid his mind of lens, silver halides (really Lauren? You had to pick that?), and film. He aso couldn't help see a peculiar image out of his hallway window.

It was a boy on his front lawn, playing golf while singing on top of his lungs:

"A bloop!! A bloop!!
A sizzling bloop!
On an elephants stoop!!
Running along a dune!!"

Larry could not nor did he try to find an archetyope for this boy. Instead, he found himself runningdown his house and slamming his front door, which made its own onomatopoeia, and made his way to the boy and started singing along:

"A bloop!! A bloop!!
A sizzling bloop!!
On an elephants stoop!!
Running along a dune!!"

And this is Katie's:

A youthful femnist photographer
Fashing sepia snapshots
Of nature's trembling wonders
Whose snappin lens creates a crisp
Nostalgic sound, a familiar
onomatopoeia
Click, zichk, bizz
Traveling endlessly to austere
Lands too far to see
A desert flower amongst
wind blasted dunes
Terra cotta elephants bathed
in clay to sheil from
sizzling summer rays, developed
dankly in silver halides
harsh seperation
black from white
Swelling ocean waves, fluffy
Clouds of pulsing jellyfish
bubbles of air pop,bloop, pop,snap
An underwater polaroid (I love this line --Luisa)
cloudy with soaked ceruleans
Her soft voice and steady hand
present the common archetype
of reclusive photographa girl
Albums of the Earth fade
with passing ages.

Katie, this is awesome. If I made any typing mistakes, please let me know and I'll edit

2 comments:

gg said...

Thanks for posting that. I agree, what Katie wrote is superb.

This is pretty cool too:
"A bloop!! A bloop!!
A sizzling bloop!
On an elephants stoop!!
Running along a dune!!"

Luisa said...

I start saying it the most random times, and if Lauren's there, she joins in....we've gotten weird looks from people