Thursday, December 06, 2007

Website recommendation

I've been meaning to tell you guys about this site I have been using to keep track of what I have read. It's a social website where the focus is books. Cool idea, I think. You can see what your friends are reading and have read and you can read and write book reviews. The site is called Good Reads. You can see my profile here. Join if you wish and add me to your friends list. I have already had some nice communication with some friends concerning books through this website.

2 comments:

Grace said...

I don't really feel like giving them my email password...I'm not very computer-savvy, so I can't tell whether or not there's a way for them to not store it. I have years of old emails in there, so I hold onto the password extremely tightly.

gg said...

I guess as far as adding friends via your email address book depends on whether or not you trust the website. I've looked around and I haven't seen any complaints online by people that feel goodreads has abused the feature. Sites like Flickr do that now, you can blog about a photo through the Flickr website by entering your google username and password.

I guess what I am saying is that goodreads seems trustworthy in this matter.