Friday, November 07, 2008

Howdy From Charleston

I am in Charleston for a conference. It's my first conference and I sat through a couple of informative presentations yesterday. The one on the trouble with verifying the authority of content on the internet was especially good. This blog was not mentioned. I took some pictures yesterday and thought I would share them.

The city's famous bridge. It's beautiful
panobridge2

Me at the Battery. A great park at the southern tip of Charleston.
At the Battery

A sunset view of the city from across the river. Found this by accident, just driving around.
Charleston from Across the River

Fort Sumter. I think it's Fort Sumter. It was in the right spot.
Fort Sumter at Sunset

A panorama of a view of the city from across the river.
Pano of Charleston at Sunset

My ladyfriend, Melanie, standing in front of the city at dusk.
IMG_3410

2 comments:

Grace said...

Charleston is so pretty. I went there on a field trip in 5th grade.

Oooh, shiny fancy librarian conference.

Matthew said...

I love Charleston. If my memory is correct, you're right about Fort Sumter. The battery is great - many a reckless math club post-competition game of ultimate has been played there.