Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Catch a Glimpse

Hey look! A picture of Harper Lee! I don't like it when stories like this call her "reclusive." I do not believe Harper Lee is reclusive. I think she is more like Sandy Koufax and just wants to be left alone by reporters. Why does that have to mean reclusive in our world? Imagine, someone not chasing celebrity. What an oddball.

Has everyone here read "To Kill a Mockingbird?" I didn't read it until I was in my early 30's and it's definitely a book that I will read again. Everyone should read it once. It will stay with you forever.

2 comments:

Grace said...

I HAVEN'T! But, being in the public school system, I suppose I will soon enough. I didn't even know the author was still alive, or that she was female. Hm.

On another note, I WANT MY SIXTH GRADE WRITING FOLDER BACK! So I could post stuff. I want the stuff in my current folder as well. But I guess I can always post my China evaluative essay...

Clare said...

I agree with you about the reclusive thing. I mean, she's not like Emily Dickinson or anything. Then again, Emily Dickinson didn't publish anything while she was alive.

I have read To Kill a Mockingbird and I liked it. I think I may have liked it more if I hadn't had to read it for school.