Tuesday, December 19, 2006

That literature website thing

I don't know if you guys remember this but we did talk about starting some kind of literature website a couple of months back. I got tired of waiting for the library to get back to me about hosting and I went ahead and used a new service provided by Google. They will register and host a domain for ten dollars a year. Not a bad deal. Here is what it looks like right now. This is by no means a final look, I was just messing with the service to see how it works. It's still in Beta mode and it isn't currently working with Mozilla Firefox and is barely working correctly with Microsoft Explorer. Hopefully they will iron that out before we get all serious. Maybe if we put our heads together we can have something together before school lets out.

Survey Monkey

For this project I am working on at work I had to create an Survey Monkey account. If you want to have a little fun try out my silly little survey so I can see how the results are gathered. Thanks.

4 comments:

Clare said...

Yay! Must say, I love January's edition. The whole not working with Firefox thing must be remedied though. We should get Matthew to design the site. I'm sure he can scrape up some time! After all, he's only taking 8 IB classes.

Also? How exactly is the whole thing working? How are we gonna gather submissions?

The tree! It goes crash!

gg said...

The web design software worked for me at home. I think the problem I was having at work has something to do with the proxy server the library uses.

gg said...

As to how it works, we can discuss that at our meeting(s).

Grace said...

Good. I am so totally confused.