Saturday, April 22, 2006

Alrighty, then

It looks like reports of this blog's demise were premature.

Don't forget to remember that this Thursday is the fourth Thursday of April and you all know what that means: pot luck down at the VFW hall. No wait, that's no right. It's the monthly meeting of the Morrison Writers Club or, as it was known last time, The Thursday Night Fights. Be sure to bring something to read. If there is not enough material brought in to keep us busy all night I have a special weapon in reserve. I have a CD of me singing songs about my cats and will play it if you guys can't keep me interested. You have been warned.

3 comments:

Matthew said...

I'll be there, assuming I'm back in Charlotte early enough.

I'll do my best to have something to read. (Too bad my best isn't much :P)

If nobody takes my stuff, nobody gets piledriven. Seriously though, I'll keep the violence to a minimum.

Clare said...

I'll definitely be there. Sorry about neglecting the blog as of late, I've been neglecting most everything else too. But I did update The Mediocres today! Hooray!

Grace said...

Don't worry, I'll be there too! I just won't be paying much attention: I'll be working feverishly on my creative writing rough draft which is due the next day. All my possible topics have failed so far. :(

I will try my best to write something for the meeting: in particular the depressing/happy story challenge with Meghan. (Are you reading this Meghan? Good. Cellos are SO much cooler! Mrs. Frisina said so!)

Or I might just not write anything at all for the curiosity of what your siging voice sounds like, but my common sense is saying otherwise. Who in this world can sing well anyway? But I do like cats.